Heirloom emerges from a history in Environmental science, Sustainable design, Interior design and Community projects with constructed Permaculture demonstration garden for workshops and local group meetings.
We continue a strong advocacy for sustainable resources. Some examples include:
- The Ecowool cloth used on our cushions is certified sustainable under European standards.
- We use a range of hemp fabrics for our cushion covers.
- The process of dyeing with native plants is to minimise toxins.
- The foliage used in our dyes are sourced from our own business premises and nursery which operates a permaculture production system.
- Rainwater is collected. Filtered water is commonly used which is recycled into the production system.
- Plant foliage is recycled and composted.
- Waste cloth and textiles are re-used and made into our packaging.
- Wool fibres for felting support small scale farmers and cottage industries.
- Where possible, we select cruelty free to animals and Fair Trade.
- We use GreenPower electricity and dream of solar power in the future.